I'M ENGAGED!!!

So I know I talked about it in the last post, but here is how this whole thing went down.  Kudos to Gregg because he really had me fooled!  :)

Gregg tells me that we have dinner reservations for 7:30 on Saturday night, March 19, 2011.  He asks me if I'm feeling up to going out to dinner and after the week I had had, absolutely!  So he tells me to get dressed up and so I did.  On the way to get into his car, he takes my scarf off of my purse and blindfolds me so I have no idea where we are going to.  After awhile of driving, he is taking all sorts of curves and turns and I get completely lost.  Yes, I'm the person who tries to figure everything out.  So after about a 45 minute drive, we end up at Jamie's parents house.  Of course I don't know this until I walk in the door, Gregg takes off the blind fold and everyone yells SURPRISE!!  :)  Best surprise EVER!  So i'm completely in awe at this party and honestly didn't have words.  So after we hang out and talk for a bit and have some snacks, Jamie tells us its time for cake.  So everyone goes into the living room except Jamie, her mom and Gregg. I'm sitting in the chair as they bring the cake out and I go to blow out the candle when Jamie starts yelling at me to read what the cake says.


I'm so nervous that I completely did not see the "Will You Marry Me" on the cake.  WHAT!!!!!  Just as I realize what is going on, Gregg is on one knee in front of me asking me to marry him!  OF COURSE!!!!!  So with my closest church family watching, Gregg proposed to me.  The only way it could have been more perfect is if my family could have been there.  Wow!  I was freaking out and kept saying "are you serious???"  hahaha  Well it just so happened that after he proposed, within about 5 minutes, someone across the lake from Jamie's parent's house, was shooting fireworks.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect!

So after a month of planning and with the help of Jamie, Gregg was able to pull off one of the most important days of my life.  The next one will be coming up on September 10, 2011.  :)  That day, I will marry my best friend and love of my life.  I can't wait!

My ring.  Isn't it classy and beautiful :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment