In Your death I see undying love...



There you have it.  Oh little town of Medaryville.  This is where I grew up.  Do I miss small town life?  I'd say yes and no.  Medaryville gave me the opportunity to be close to my family.  Everyone lived within 10 minutes of each other.  It was great.  Now everyone is scattering as the years go on.  Families aren't what they used to be.  God has been pushed aside.  He has been pushed out of the equation.  I love the wedding vows between Vanessa and Frank in "Madea's Family Reunion."  Even though it is just a movie, the words are so true. And when spoken in actual truth in a real marriage, can make all of the difference.  Instead of the marriage just being about 2 people, its about incorporating God into the marriage as well.  These are the vows:


I never thought that I could meet someone like you.
You are my friend.
You are my smile.
You are my everything.
You are a breath-taking reflection
of God's heart for me....
of how he pursued me...
and loved me even when I didn't love myself.
You held my hand in the darkness
and you pulled me out into the light.
I love you...
You are my light.
And it doesn't matter what happens
in this life as long as you're with me.
When I look at you, I know that there's a God
and that he loved me so much
that he took the time to create you...just for me.
I love you....past my mind....beyond my heart....
I love you from my soul.
And that's the space where only you and God dwell.



Does it get much better than that?  In order for a marriage to remain, God MUST be the center of it.  I have seen very few marriages last and the ones I have seen that are not centered around God, its by only His grace that those marriages have even lasted that long.  It's a sad time.  It makes my heart ache to watch people everyday battle with problem relationships or problems in marriage.  If you are married, stop and remember your vows.  If you are still single, think about what you would want to say to your husband or wife on that special day.  Words are only words unless they are put into action.  Your vows must be lived, not just spoken.  I pray that when I am married, my spouse will love me just like Christ loves the church.  Because only then will I know that it is true and pure and what the love is centered on.  Wow...I can't wait till that day.  To know that the one that God is preparing for me, is going to love me like Christ loves me. I can't wait.  It will be whole heartedly and with complete abandon to anyone else.  And I pray that God doesn't bring anyone to me who isn't strong enough in God to be able to live his vows.  Words are only words unless they are put into action.  


Like I said in my previous post...if you are single, it is soooo important to pray for the person that God is preparing for you.  Why wait till you meet that person?  Start now...remain faithful to that person even if God hasn't revealed him/her.  Don't continue to give your heart away until you think that you have found the one.  When you do that you are giving pieces of your heart away to each person you date and when it is finally time for you to marry, you will only be giving your future spouse what is left of your heart.  He/she deserves all of it.  


The way a man treats a woman is a reflection of his relationship with God...


This was just something that was on my heart tonight.  I'm praying for my Christ built warrior, whoever he may be....

0 comments:

Post a Comment