Here's to 2010...

It's 12:09 a.m. which means that it is officially New Years Eve.  Finally, 2010 is upon us.  This means resolutions and goals for so many.  While we were in small group last night, Stacy asked us what our resolutions were.  But it was the kind of resolutions that she mentioned that really stuck a chord.  "What kind of biblical or spiritual resolutions have you thought about..." is the question that was asked.  Hmmm...for whatever reason, I hadn't even thought about a selfish resolution, not to mention one based on my faith.  So I got to thinking last night and today.  What ARE my biblical and spiritual resolutions for 2010?  

  • read my Bible daily
  • keep up my prayer journal
  • start up our organization for girls/women
  • become a great leader for God
  • become a small group leader
  • help our missions team grow across Columbia
  • disciple more people
  • lead more people to Christ
  • pray without ceasing for my family members and their salvation
These are just a few of my short term resolutions...I will keep adding to the list. I just want Jesus to be my EVERYTHING.  I want to be sooo consumed by Him.  
I've finished the first parts of my new site called "Single girl on a mission...to be the hands and feet of Jesus."  There is still a lot of work to be done, but I'm excited.  I hope it can help people reevaluate their walk with God and show that Jesus is sooo amazing and once we give it all to Him, we become new.  We are freed from our sin.  We have the option of where we will spend eternity.  Imagine how beautiful God can paint the sky in just a second.  Now think about what heaven will be like when Jesus went over 2000 years ago to prepare a place for us.  I can't even fathom what heaven will be like after all of this time preparing when I see the beauty that is created in mere seconds.  I can't even begin to describe how amazing and beautiful I think it's going to be.  It's not meant for us to fathom.  But it's going to be amazing. 
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a safe one!  I can't wait to spend it with tons of people from REFUGE!  It's going to be amazing!  Will 2010 be the year?  Who knows!  :) Love you all!!

Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup;
       You have made my lot secure.

  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
       surely I have a delightful inheritance.

  I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
       even at night my heart instructs me.

 I have set the Lord always before me.
       Because He is at my right hand,
       I will not be shaken.

Psalm 16:5-8





0 comments:

Post a Comment