Your life is a vapor...

In church we have been going through the book of James in a series called "Show Me."  Today we were reminded how life is but a vapor.  In our lives, we want to believe that after our time on earth is over, we will always be remembered.  Unfortunately for us, that's not always going to be the case.   There may be a few who will be remembered through the generations, but only by a few small details.

During the sermon, I started reflecting on my own life and how short it really has been.  One day I'm 16 years old, just getting my driver's license, and taking on the world.  Today I'm 30 years old and 16 literally feels like something that happened last week.  We are but a vapor...

If someone had to describe you, what would they say?  What description words would they use?  Would they tell people that you are nice, mean, a bully, sensitive, etc.?  Can they see Christ in you no matter what kind of day you are having?  Maybe you don't know Christ as your personal savior.  Do people see the hurt and the pain that you may carry around daily, hoping that something better comes along?

I, myself, feel like I have changed quite a bit this past year.  Because of situations and scenarios in my life, I am starting to feel like I'm becoming socially awkward.  For you that know me, know that is not my personality at all.  It's something that I'm definitely working on though.  Through my reflections, God has been revealing somethings to me.  Unfortunately, what I know He is telling me to do is not the easiest.  My pride continues to get into the way.  This is actually sin.  I know what I need to do to move forward in my walk with Christ, but it's so hard.

This quote pretty much sums everything up about how I feel.  Right now, I'm completely falling short.  Luckily though, I have an amazing Savior who is willing to pick me up every time I fall.


Even though my talents for Christ may not be remembered for generations on earth, I know they will last eternally with Christ.  Would you rather the world remember what you did or Christ?

Life is but a vapor, use your time wisely...


0 comments:

Post a Comment